Thursday, March 8, 2012

MIRAA

MIRAA,or KHAT


I never heard about it until I got there. Or, I HAD heard about the KHAT, but it has many names, so I didnt know it was also named MIRAA. I was looking at it, I saw them chew it, and I wondered what it was. So I had a chat with my neighbour, and then went online to figure out what it was. And it scared me. I mean, its a drug, and its LEGAL in many parts of Africa. Kenya is one of the parts where it is legal!
My neighbour told me about it, and how it affected her husband. I could off course HEAR it on him when he had been chewing, whitch was every day. And then he stopped for a while, and I could hear the different in his voice, and I KNEW he hadnt been chewing that day.
Khat, or miraa, is like a drug, or in fact, IS a drug. I will try to put out some of the things that are said about it.
What is Miraa?
· Miraa is a plant whose fresh leaves and soft twigs are chewed to release a juice containing cathinone and cathine, the activechemicals that alter the mood of the abuser.
· Consumers also refer to miraa using less familiar names such asKhat, Veve, Muguka, Goks, Gomba, Mbachu, Mairungi, Alele, Giza orHalwa.
· Miraa has similar but less intense effects than the stimulating effects of cocaine.
· Upon chewing, you experience an unusual feeling of excitement and alertness. You may talk too much, lose concentration on simple tasks or even forget simple facts.
· Chewing miraa causes rapid heart rate and increased blood pressure, symptoms that are sometimes confused with increased sexual libido or stamina.
· When chewed continually, miraa gives you chronic constipationsince it causes dehydration.
· Using miraa to stay awake places you in danger of causing harm through accidents. When your body suddenly goes to sleep due to accumulated sleep deprivation, you can cause road traffic or factory accidents thereby inflicting damage to life and property.
· The claim that chewing miraa increases your sexual libido is a myth. Instead, evidence suggests that miraa inhibits blood flow to the reproductive system.
· Chewing miraa constricts the vessels supplying blood to the reproductive tract thereby causing inhibited urine flow, and in men, the inability to attain and sustain an erection.
· The chemicals in miraa make your body to produce excessive amounts of sperm without you being sexually aroused. The sperms ooze out uncontrollably, a condition known as spermatorrhoea. In extreme cases, men are forced to wear nappies or several underpants.
· In women, the dehydrating effect of miraa dries the lining of the reproductive tract leading to pain during sexual intercourse and blistering. The micro-injuries can cause reproductive tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases.
Chewing miraa during pregnancy decreases blood flow to uterus, disrupting flow of nutrients from your bloodstream to the unborn baby.
And this is NOT GOOD, is it?
As you can see, its a plant, and a nice plant. But it is sold all over, you can also get it in big, or small, quantity.  They sell it on the street, in the bars, wherever! And People down there dont see the danger. The fact is that their brain gets ruined, and that is why they dont see it! They think al is well, and they cant see that they lose their capasity to think straight, or reason in a good way. That is why they are so aggressive. And also why there is so much violence and rape, killing etc.
I was told to never go alone, because they rape and kill alot down there. Well, I wasnt really scared of THAT! But I didnt like how they became when chewing this thing. Because they chew every day! And they dont see the change in them self!
• Drug and alcohol abuse makes you lose your self-control or inhibition and the ability to make sound decisions, such that you do not feel shy to engage in embarrassing behavior.
• Intoxication diminishes your perception of risk. In this carefree state of mind, you can engage in reckless sexual activity with a high risk of HIV infection.
• Since Kenya’s HIV prevalence now stands at 7.8%, any risky sexual behaviour as a result of intoxication may predispose you to HIV infection.
In Kenya in TOTAL, maybe 7.8%, but in the place I was, the rate was a high as 88 %! And that was a little place, not that big! I was shocked to hear that! And then, when I think about it, I was less shocked, because I saw so much! And I saw that what happened there, was actually that the HIV and AIDS was coming like crazy! And the abuse of alcohol and drugs make it even more so!
Miraa (Khat)
veve, gomba, mbachu, njiri, khat, kat, mairungi, qat, alwa, gaah, mogoka, giza, alele, andas.
Bhang (Marijuana)
Boza, wadada, shada, ndom, weed, ganja, dawa, dagga, kikola, ngwai, pot, grass, bhang, joint, Columbian.
Kenya has more than 70 street names for bhang
WELL, this is just a little, one can check it online, if one want. I know that miraa also is put in tea!
Its fresh leaves and tops are chewed or, less frequently, dried and consumed as tea, in order to achieve a state of euphoria and stimulation;
I knew about the tea-leaves, because I saw them. Was told it was only “herbs to put in the tea to make it taste better”. Well, sorry, I am not stupid, I knew what it was, because I could feel the smell of it. It got ruined in the washingmachine, thank God. So it couldnt be used!
When you use drugs, you ALWAYS lie! No matter what, you will always lie! Because you need the drug. And to have that urge of drug, you dont care about those around you. You lie! Until your dying day you will tell lies!
Please, stay away from drugs! No matter what, drugs are bad! And out there someone do love you! And they hate to see you addicted to these things that ruin your brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment