Thursday, April 26, 2012

The lie










Telling a lie is similar to a snowball rolling downhill. It may seem harmless until the damage begins to build.

And a lie is a lie,no matter how you think you manage to cover it up. You can never cover up a lie for long. Blame the lies on someone you dont even know dont make it less of a lie,just more. And we all know. Sometimes you think you are smart,by telling a lie. But truth is: you will never be trusted,when lies is said more often than the truth,and when you become angry when caught, you show that you know you have been caught in your lies.

People who lie alot,lose the respect of those who care about them. You cannot be trusted,so why bother being around you? Lies complicate things. It gives the people around you the feeling of betrayal,all the time. They cant trust you to be honest about anything,and you hurt them by that.Is it worth it?

I do believe that once a liar, always a liar. Like once a cheater, always a cheater.... I guess the way people have learned it is ok to tell a lie, will keep them from ever being truthfull. I have learned, that if one tell a lie once, one cannot be trusted again. Every thing that is said, will bring the question:" Is he/she telling the truth now? No, I dont think so....."

It is hard being lied to. In the beginning, maybe you believe them. And then ONE lie comes out, and then another, and then you really find yourself questioning everything they say. Petty little lies. Just like: I am going out the door right now.....while you are still getting dressed. Or: I am in the car right now.....while you still have at least 10 minutes before you even get TO the car.  And the best lies of all: I love you......

Oh yes. I guess that is the biggest lie in the universe. "I love you".....while they are looking around to see if they can find something better...

Do they really believe in their own words? Or is it a way of taking advantage of the ones they CAN take advantage of, until a new person come along?

I have seen too much of it. "I am single"....while in a relationship, or even married....leading all the people they want on, and leaving the gf or wife at home not knowing. Or...I do this or that, and not that or this, while the opposite is the real truth.

People, is a lie the best you can give? Dont you understand that you lose not only the trust, but also the respect? Do you want respect? Do you want to be trusted? Then be honest! 

I dont care who you are, because I see it. I see it when you lie. You might not understand that, but maybe I trusted you in the beginning, and then I saw, heard, and knew. And my respect for you went down. My trust in you is gone. I mean, why should one trust someone that cannot be trusted? Especially when they have been given the chance to tell the truth. And didnt. 

I guess some people are so used to the lie, they believe it themself. But alas, that is not true. A lie is a lie is a lie.

Start being honest. Because you will really really benefit from that in the end. Maybe the trust will come back. Maybe the respect will come back. But....it will take a long time to rebuild trust where there is none.

Maybe one day you will see that. A lie is still a lie, not matter how you wrap it up.....






1 comment: